HOME > YOU CAN HELP
A Very Important Promise
- We promise that we are never going to use this site to promote specific products or services.
- This is a site that is interested in promoting knowledge!
- We wanted you to understand this before we told you how you can help us. That way you can be quite sure about our intentions.
Things Anyone Can Do to Help
First and foremost, anyone with access to the web can help to promote this site by telling their friends and relatives about it and by visiting it often.
We want this site to be widely known in the Caribbean. Knowledge is power. If men and women know accurate facts about prostate cancer they can:
- Help to prevent this disease
- Encourage men to get screened for prostate cancer (particularly those who are at high risk)
- Help to make sure that men who need treatment get diagnosed and treated properly
Other Ways You Can Help
You can also help us to develop this site if you have certain essential interests and skills.
Unfortunately we cannot afford to pay for this help at the present time, but we absolutely will give full credit on the site to all those who provide us with assistance.
There are five basic forms of help that you may be able to provide:
- You can help us to translate content accurately on an island by island basis. The Spanish used in Puerto Rico is not quite the same as the Spanish used in Cuba or the Spanish sometimes used in other more southerly islands, for example. We need help to make sure that our content is accurately translated for every island in appropriate languages.
- There are some highly localized languages that are common on specific islands (for example, Haitian Creole in Haiti and Papiamento in Aruba, Curaçao, and Bonaire). Can you write these languages? Are you able to help us by translating content into these languages?
- We would like to be able to make sure we have provided appropriate information about prostate cancer screening services on an island by island basis. Are you able to help us by letting us know specifically what services are available on the island where you live and work?
- If you know of prostate cancer-related news that is specific to your island or to the Caribbean as a whole, we want to make sure it is widely available. Are you interested in becoming a local ”reporter” for Prostate Cancer Caribbean?
- Over time, we want to make sure that we can provide accurate incidence, prevalence, and mortality data about prostate cancer for every island. If you can assist us in this, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in helping us in one of these ways, go to the Talk Back page and let us know what you would like to do.